Used Musafia Master Series Aureum violin case in good condition with original Certificate of Authenticity. The case has a blue exterior and blue interior. Condition issues are a small tear in the exterior rain flap, corrosion to the gold hardware, and a seam seperation on the instrument blanket. Sells new for $2089.
From the Musafia website:
"To measure up to the great names that were then housing violins by the likes of Stradivari and Guarneri, no effort was spared designing the Master Series, first introduced in 1988 and immediately successful.
With multiple structural components in the bottom, each one painstakingly bonded (some with bolted-through steel L-reinforcements), the Master Series is a case of exceptional strength yet weighing less than many traditional cases. The padding follows the shape of the instrument closely to restrain it from excessive movement in case of impact, and ample accessory compartments add utility.
The Master Series is offered in four versions: Classic, Alisea, Exclusive and Aureum. The Aureum is lined in glove-quality Italian leather, velvet plush, and satin.
Design and construction
Some of the instruments for which a MASTER SERIES case was made include, but are not limited to: Stradivari 1715 “Il Cremonese – ex-Joachim”, Guarneri “del Gesù” 1742 “The Cannon – ex-Paganini”, Stradivari 1717 “Firebird - ex-Saint-Xupéry”, Stradivari 1727 “Holroyd”, Guarneri filius Andrea 1689 “Quarestani”, Stradivari 1725 "Chaconne", Brothers Amati 1615 "Stauffer", Guarneri “del Gesù” 1738 "Emperor", Andrea Amati 1566 “Charles IX of France”, Niccolò Amati 1658 “Hammerle”, Guarneri “del Gesù” 1729 "Stretton", Stradivari 1721 "Sinsheimer", Stradivari 1734 "Scotland University", and many others.
Made with military-specification Cordura® nylon, water-and-tear-resistant, and treated with Teflon® to reduce wear and scuffing. Long-lasting YKK zippers, 25mm zipper stitching support, synthetic thread, double-folded edging and upgraded through-bolted strap attachments (instead of sewn-on D-rings) to assure long life. Padding on underside reduces bumps to the instrument when the case is set down. Includes new expandable LieFlat™ music pocket, full-length rain flap and is replaceable.
5mm padding below and above instrument, 10 mm lateral padding, four-point instrument suspension. Blacket padded with 5mm foam.
Exclusive safety features
All Musafia case designs crash-tested to help determine best protection for important instruments. Four-point Offset Plane™ instrument suspension, patented SoftTouch™ spring-locking bow holders, fore-and-aft movement restraining system, double-action Sekur™ safety lock, multi-filament Dimus II™ humidifier and hygrometer, and case bottom external padding. EnCase™ side impact protection and anti-intrusion bottom panel. SATRAVI® protection certified. Built to IP-64 water- and dust-proofing standard (EN 60529).
Other characteristics and features
Ribbons to retain photos in case lid without damage, long-lasting brass hinging on accessory box lids, padded blanket, soft and flexible string tube to avoid damage to the instrument in case of accident, double carrying straps for normal and backpack use, replaceable oversized leather handle to facilitate carrying the case with gloves in cold weather, replaceable Alcantara® covered metro handle.
- Continuum High Tensile™ hybrid Kevlar/ 6-ply laminate construction with monolithical impact absorbing structure.
- 4-point Offset Plane Suspension System™ for improved instrument protection in case of bumps and impact.
- EnCase™ construction feature with improved resistance to side impact.
- Anti-intrusion bottom panel enhances protection against blunt force.
- Countour-following French-fit lateral padding holds instrument more effectively in case of accident, reducing possibility of damage.
- Replaceable Cordura® nylon waterproof cover with full-sized music (or iPad) pouch, padded on underside. YKK zippers. Teflon® treatment to reduce wear and scuffs. Two pencil/pen loops inside the music pouch. Now with LieFlat™ extra capacity music or iPad pocket and full-length rain flap.
- Interior fully-lined and padded with truly finest velvet plush, suede-like Royale, glove-quality Italian leather and satin depending on model.
- Patented SoftTouch™ elastic spring-loaded locking bow holders. *
- Rosin dust-resistant bow ribbons with Stradivari "Sunrise" inlay motif. *
- Cherrywood burl trim.
- Leather instrument restraints.
- Padded blanket and flexible string tube. *
- Photo retaining ribbons. *
- Musafia hygrometer - humdifier system with highly effective Dimus II multi-filament humidifier.
- Four metal through-bolted carrying strap fixtures with shoulder strap and backpack capability.
- Two carrying straps for normal and backpack use.
- Oversized, comfortable leather padded handle.
- Alcantara-covered subway handle.
- Sekur™ double-action safety lock.